Monday, December 1, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

One of Grandma Jessie's Ornaments
Well, we have officially set our house up for the Holidays. I can't believe how quickly time flies and that it is already this time of year again. Over the weekend we got all of the Christmas stuff out and I must admit, it is a fun time of year.
I have been ambitious and have most of my shopping done already. I did brave the crowds for a bit on Friday... I get a kind of adrenaline rush when I think about going out on that day to shop but then I stand in a line or two and I'm done with it all too soon. I like to shop not stand in ridiculously long and slow lines. I did see a long lost friend while I was out - someone I haven't seen in over 10 years. I am typically slow to cry but just seeing her made me tear up. Good friends are a treasure!
As I said before, we live in Matt's grandmother's home. Not only do we live where she lived but we have some of her furniture, artwork, and for now her Christmas tree and ornaments. I love having decorations that are special in more than one way. I guess I am kind of a sentimental fool after all.

No comments: