Monday, July 28, 2014

Well, so much for being consistent!  It has been roughly 2 years since my last post.  Thankfully, on the cancer front all seems to be well.  I say "seems to be" because with cancer you never really KNOW.  I feel great.  I have been keeping up with the CrossFit working out 4 times a week there.  I have been practicing yoga now for about 9 years but I starting teaching yoga at our local CrossFit last October. I found that it is taxing to teach but I truly enjoy sharing it with others.


As far as testing goes...I am due for my yearly MRI next month but I hope to find all well there.  I continue to do my best with my clean eating diet and I feel like it has really served me well.  If not with the cancer, I am certainly healthier due to the nutritious choices I make of what goes into my body.  I have a few recommended books for recipes if anyone is interested...Dr. Mao's Secrets of Longevity Cook Book, Healing Foods for Special Diets, and Clean Eats (all available through Amazon).  I can't eat everything in anyone of these books but they all have several items that I make and enjoy regularly.  It can be tasty (but not always easy) to eat clean!
I have added a green tea regimen to my daily diet.  I drink at least three 6 oz cups of green tea everyday.  I have tried lots of different varieties and have found that for me it is most cost efficient and tasty to make my own blend every morning with loose young green hyson green tea, loose organic spearmint leaf, and organic lemongrass.  I like the flavor enough to drink it and I don't find myself bored with it even after drinking the same concoction every day for the past 4 months.  If you have an experience similar to mine, I highly recommend asking your Doctor is you can try it.  It should be safe for most everyone and offers many benefits for those fighting cancer.  Of course since I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and tea is considered to be contrary to our Word of Wisdom I consulted with my Bishop and Stake President before starting this routine.  For me it was the right decision.
In other news, I recently received my Real Estate license in the state of Utah and started working with Century 21 N&N Realtors.  I am really enjoying this opportunity.  I am so grateful that I have a chance to pursue something I have wanted to do for a lot of years.  It is a unique situation to go back to work for the first time in 12 years and particularly after having battled cancer.  You see, I feel like I can be free to work knowing it is what I want to do right now.  I wouldn't waste my time doing things that don't make me happy, especially with a new perspective on how short life can be.  I feel free to be honest and forthcoming with people because that is who I want to be.  I don't feel like I have to pretend I'm something I'm not to get ahead or to fit in. It's really kind of nice. If you are interested in homes and home improvement tips check out my new blog cachethome.blogspot.com Here is my picture for my business...
I wish anyone who happens by this blog health and true Wellness!  May you be your best self each and every day.  Till next time (hopefully it won't be another 2 years...)
Rachel








No comments: