Sunday, March 29, 2009

I can't believe it snowed several inches again today. I am really looking forward to warmer weather, not hot, but warmer. I love when things start to grow and we can get started on the garden again. It's funny how with things like the garden, I do get all excited and work really hard at first and then when the weeds start to take over I get bored and tired of it. I do love those garden raspberries and tomatoes and onions and herbs though.

My baby has been quite the hand full lately. I guess he's not really a baby 18 months is technically a toddler. I just don't know what to do with him sometimes. He likes to hit his head on hard objects when he gets mad at me, which is several times a day. He also tries to hit me when he doesn't get his way. I remember the older kids went through something similar but he is really into it.

This week we went to a tumbling class to watch his brother and he was literally screaming for about 20 minutes straight because he wanted to be in on the tumbling. I finally gave in and let him jump on a room size trampoline but he got mad and started bangning his head on it because there was a boy on the far other side jumping too! He really thinks he is the star 0f the show all the time! Church is just a fiasco. I think people are wondering where all my parenting skills went when they watch him throw his sippy cup two or three rows away and then screams because I don't jump to get it back for him. Hmmm, is there a boot camp for babies? Can I send him away for a couple of hours a week and get a sweet, calm baby in return? Did I do something in my childhood to deserve this?

So much for my acquired knowledge this month...my brain is mush and I'm super tired. Maybe next month. :)

No comments: